Probate and Estate Attorneys
We offer the following services and expertise to Probate and Estate Attorneys.
- Identify assets, including;
- Inventory decedent’s home,
- Review of decedent’s documents including tax returns, financial statements, insurance policies, for asset information
- Correspondence/Communications with banks, businesses, insurance companies, brokerage firms, employers, accountants, and others to collect asset information;
- Arrange for and attend inventory of safe deposit box, if any;
- Secure valuable property;
- Collect and transfer assets not subject to probate
- Correspond with creditors or debtors to obtain pertinent information;
- Detailed tracing of funds/accounts relating to community property and joint tenancy property;
- Detailed tracing financial accounts for missing funds and/or misappropriation of funds;
- Value estate assets;
- Use Wall Street Journal and other online sites to value stocks and bonds
- Arrange for appraisals
- Correspond with accountants to obtain financial information on closely held corporations, partnerships, and sole proprietorship, and review and study the information
- Prepare interim court pleadings such as inventory, petitions for partial distributions, and intermediate reports;
- Maintain all estate records, including banking records;
- The production of powerful case exhibits – graphs, spreadsheets, and charts that illustrate cash flow, net worth, and the overall financial situation of the decedent;
- Prepare and file claims for insurance proceeds and death benefits;
- Prepare dis-allowance of claims against the estate, as necessary;
- Prepare accounting for filing in court or for the beneficiaries at the time of filing the personal representative’s closing statement.
Court Appearances and Mediation:
- assistance at mediation by being provided with real-time financial decision models of settlement offers; and
- expert witness testimony in court.
- Coordinate with accountant for the preparation of gift, estate and inheritance tax returns, decedent’s final income tax return, and individual tax returns for other beneficiaries;
- Analyze past returns for pertinent asset information;
- Review current returns prepared by accountants or banks.
Guardianships and Conservatorships:
- Maintain all trust records;
- Coordinate fiduciary income tax preparation with accountant.
Having 20+ years experience as a family law paralegal we bring a special knowledge when reviewing documents and will bring to your attention documents and other information relating to the case that may not particularly pertain to the financial side of the case. We can also assist with the drafting of Requests and Responses, and Pleading and Motions.