Family Law Attorneys CDFA™ and Paralegal Services
We allow family law attorneys to focus on the legal issues of the case while being confident that the appropriate financial information is gathered, reviewed and indexed.
Cathy Threadgill CDFA™ Family Law Expertise
As a CDFA™ and a family law paralegal, Ms. Threadgill works with the client and the entire legal team; offering invaluable assistance for quantifying, clarifying and identifying the client’s financial situation. Financial documents will be presented in a clear and concise manner. Ms. Threadgill is also available as support during mediation and for litigated cases requiring court appearances.
Using family law specific software, QuickBooks and Excel, Cathy Threadgill CDFA™ provides the tools necessary to increase awareness of possible negotiation issues and enhance the attorney’s advantage.
Benefits Received by Adding Cathy Threadgill CDFA™ to Your Legal Team
- Work with client in gathering and compiling financial information;
- Analyze income and expense information provided by client, opposing party and third party individuals and business;
- Detailed tracing of community vs separate property accounts and assets along with detailed reports;
- Assist in the preparation of the client’s Monthly Financial Statement;
- Prepare financial affidavits;
- Retain appraisers, for real estate, business and personal property;
- Assist with the preparation of the client’s Inventory and Appraisement;
- Draft discovery documents for service on opposing party;
- Assist client in gathering documents and data to respond to discovery requests;
- Draft responses to discovery requests;
- Coordinate the taking of depositions;
- Draft questions for use at depositions;
- Organize, index and summarize discovered materials.
- Summarize depositions;
Settlement Negotiations/ Mediation/ Court Appearances:
- Assist with mediation by providing real-time financial decision models of settlement offers;
- Demonstration of the financial impact of different settlement scenarios;
- The production of powerful case exhibits – graphs, spreadsheet, charts that illustrate cash flow, net worth, and the overall financial situation of each party;
- Assist in preparing witnesses and clients for trial; and
- Provide expert witness testimony in court.
- Work with client on preparing and understanding short term and long term budgets.
Family Law Paralegal with 20+ Years Experience
With 20+ years experience as a family law paralegal, Cathy Threadgill CDFA™ brings extensive knowledge and insight when reviewing documents.
She will bring to your attention documents and other information relating to the case that may not particularly pertain to the financial side of the case.
Ms. Threadgill can also assist with the drafting of Requests and Responses, and Pleading and Motions; and serve as an Expert Witness.
Contact Cathy Threadgill CDFA™